Madalina Paisa is a Partner
Madalina is a member of the Bucharest Bar from 2000
She graduated from the University of Bucharest – Faculty of Law and from the University of Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne – College of Law for European Studies
She is a member of the International Trademark Association, of the American Chamber of Commerce in Romania, and of ARDD IDLO Alumni Association for the advocacy in changing the legal framework in matters of interest to the business climate
Madalina has an extensive experience in corporate & commercial, mergers & acquisitions, banking & finance, venture capital, employment & pensions, natural resources, regulatory, communications & IT.
Her clients include investment funds and private equity funds, State-owned companies, strategic investors, local entrepreneurs, banks and financial institutions and international corporations spanning over multiple industries including automotive, healthcare, financial services, constructions, IT, natural resources explorations and exploitations, retail, energy production and distribution and waste management.
Her practice concentrates on assisting clients for all types of corporate & commercial matters, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, due diligence reviews, corporate restructuring, shareholders agreements (including exit and break-out options), greenfields / brownfields projects for various investors, project finance and restructuring of debt, advising on compliance issues in employment related matters (including large restructurings, collective negotiations, collective lay-offs and implementation of internal rules, policies and regulations), advising on permitting and legal requirements for explorations and exploitation of natural resources, providing comprehensive counsel to clients in a wide range of regulatory matters.
Relevant experience includes:
- Advising an independent private equity fund operating in the Iberian Peninsula and South-Eastern Europe in connection with their investments in Romania including acquisitions of a leading domestic company active in the field of medical reagents and medical equipment distribution, a distributor of energy cogeneration equipment, one of the main Romanian players on printing services and a minority stake in an important chain of hotels in Romania.
- Assisting a US-based global corporation active in the field of waste management and sanitation services for more than 20 successful acquisitions of domestic players as well as the merger processes for integrating and consolidating all acquired companies
- Advising one of the leading private equity funds active in Romania in connection with the acquisition of a leading IT company specialized in storage, protection, archiving and information management solutions
- Advising a private equity fund based in Poland in connection with the proposed acquisition of an important player on the Romanian market of stationary products
- Assisting the largest Romanian distributor of constructions materials in connection with the take-over of a chain of do-it-yourself stores from a leading France-based group of companies acting in the retail bricolage field, as well as the acquisition in Ukraine of a large group of companies active in the transportation and distribution of construction materials.
- Advising the leading company in Romania for loyalty programs based on cards and other modern technologies, in connection with its acquisition by a strategic investor active in the field of card transactions processing, card personalization and retail sector services
- Advising an exploration and production company (focused on onshore conventional hydrocarbon resources) in connection with setting up a subsidiary and launching the operations in Romania. Currently advising on onshore petroleum operations, permitting, regulatory corporate and commercial matters.
- Assisting a Luxembourg based investment fund in relation to the sale of a pharmacy chain in Romania
Languages: Romanian, English, French
Phone: +40 21 314 31 55 / 57